Magnet Warning 🧲 ⚠️

Bloodknot tip-ups use neodymium magnets and customers should consider the below warnings before use.

  • Neodymium magnets can affect pacemakers. The strong magnetic fields near a neodymium magnet can affect pacemakers, ICDs and other implanted medical devices.  Many of these devices are made with a feature that deactivates it with a magnetic field.  Therefore, care must be taken to avoid inadvertently deactivating such devices.
  • Magnets can affect magnetic media. The strong magnetic fields near neodymium magnets can damage magnetic media such as floppy disks, credit cards, magnetic I.D. cards, cassette tapes, video tapes or other such devices. They can also damage televisions, VCRs, computer monitors and CRT displays. Avoid placing neodymium magnets near electronic appliances.
  • Neodymium magnet powder or dust is flammable. Avoid drilling or machining neodymium magnets.  When ground into a dust or powder, this material is highly flammable.
  • Those with nickel allergies should avoid prolonged contact with magnets. A small percentage of people have a nickel allergy, where an allergic reaction can cause redness and a skin rash.  Those with nickel allergies should avoid directly handling nickel plated neodymium magnets.
  • Strong magnetic fields can interfere with compasses and navigation. IATA (International Air Transport Association) and US Federal rules and regulations cover shipping magnets by air and ground delivery.  Magnetic fields can influence compasses or magnetometers used in air transport.  They can also affect internal compasses of smartphone and GPS devices.